Integrating Time Zones with Cvent
- Browser (Classic)
- Browser (Lightning)
To localize all date/time values when creating Meeting Requests in Cvent, admins can map the Time_Zone_vod field on the EM_Event_vod object in CRM to the Event Timezone question on the Meeting Request form in Cvent. This causes date/time field values in Meeting Requests in Cvent to localize based on the selected time zone in CRM.
For example, Sarah Jones creates an event in Los Angeles with a start time of 11 am. During the event creation process, she selects the event’s time zone. When Sarah’s event is synced with Cvent, the event’s time zone is used to localize all date/time values on the Meeting Request created or updated by the sync.
Configuring Time Zone Integration
Using this feature requires configuration in both CRM and Cvent
To configure this feature in Cvent:
Add the Event Timezone question to the Meeting Request Form.
- Copy the ID of the Event Timezone question. This ID is used in CRM.
To configure this feature in CRM:
- Grant the Cvent integration user FLS read permission to the Time_Zone_vod field on the EM_Event_vod object.
- Use the copied ID of the Event Timezone question to create a Cvent Field Mapping record between the Time_Zone_vod field on the EM_Event_vod object and the Event Timezone question on the Meeting Request Form in Cvent.
- Navigate to the newly created Field Mapping record from the Cvent Field Mappings tab.
- Map the appropriate picklist values between the Time_Zone_vod field in CRM and the Event Timezone question in Cvent. See Time Zones for the list of available time zones in Cvent.
Time Zones in Meeting Requests in Cvent
When an event is created in CRM with the Time_Zone_vod field populated, all date/time values in the resulting Meeting Request in Cvent are localized based on the time zone.
For example, if an event is created in CRM with a start time of 2022-02-19T18:00:00+0000 and a Time_Zone_vod of America/Los_Angeles, the resulting Meeting Request in Cvent has a localized start time of 2022-19-02T11:00:00.