Using the Embedded Web Browser
When CRM for iPad transitions from offline to online functionality, the online pieces are rendered in a full screen embedded web browser. The browser has typical web browser behavior:
- A Home button used to navigate the user to the first page visited in the current browser session
- Back and Forward buttons allow the user to navigate through the browser history one page at a time. The history is reset for each browsing session.
- A Refresh button reloads the current page
- The Done button dismisses the browser and returns the user to the prior context in CRM for iPad
The embedded browser does not support navigating to a user-defined URL.
WKWebView Support for Embedded Browsers
WKWebView is the newest content viewer in iOS compared to what was previously used, (UIWebView) and recommended for customizing web-browsing behavior and improved performance.
The following locations in Veeva CRM now use WKWebView to launch embedded browsers:
- The Go Online tab from the Home page
- The Globe icon on the title bar in Detail pages
- Any web page link defined in formula fields containing hyperlink functions