Preparing for Deployment
CRM for Windows Tablet deploys outside the Microsoft Windows store. Veeva follows Microsoft’s guidelines for deploying proprietary line-of-business apps, known as enterprise sideloading. To deploy the Veeva CRM app, each device must be enabled for Enterprise Sideloading by following the steps in the following two sections.
Enabling Sideloading for Windows Tablet
To enable Enterprise Sideloading:
- Open Settings.
- Select Update & Security > For developers.
- Select Sideload apps.
If this is disabled, contact your IT department to enable this for you.
Setting Group Policy
Once you enable enterprise sideloading on your devices, you must also enable the Allow all trusted applications to install Group Policy setting. If you are not joined to a domain, you must enable this setting in the local group policy for your devices.
To enable this setting locally:
- Type Edit Group Policy from the start page.
- Select the Edit Group Policy setting from the search results to open the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc).
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > App Package Deployment.
- Select the Allow all trusted apps to install setting.
- Select Enabled.
- Select OK.
This group policy setting updates the AllowAllTrustedApps registry setting. If you are updating this registry setting outside of the Group Policy editor, ensure the data type for the registry setting is an integer, REG_DWORD.