Managing Speaker Nomination Approvals
- Browser (Lightning)
Admins can configure a Salesforce Approval Process that enables Speaker Nominations to be reviewed, approved, or rejected by the necessary users as part of a nomination process. This enables admins to customize the nomination workflow based on the needs of each organization.
For example, Sarah Jones creates a Speaker Nomination record for Dr. Clinton Ackerman and selects Submit for Approval. Amy Adams, the admin at Verteo Biopharma, previously configured a Salesforce Approval Process to automatically assign the record to medical approvers for approval and tiering. Larry Lakes, a member of the medical team, is notified about the approval request, reviews the record, and approves the nomination.
To configure this feature:
- Add the Submit for Approval button to the appropriate EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod object page layouts.
- Add the Submit for Approval button to the Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section of the appropriate EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod object page layouts.
- Add the Approval History related list to the appropriate EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod object page layouts.
Create a Salesforce Approval Process for the EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod object. The created process must fulfill the following criteria:
- The process’s Initial Submission Actions must update the Status_vod field to Pending_Approval_vod
- The process’s Final Approval Actions must update the Status_vod field to Approved_vod
- Select the Allow submitters to recall approval requests check box on the Approval Process. This step is only required if the user should be able to recall a submitted nomination.
- Activate the created Approval Process.
Using the Approval Process for Speaker Nominations
When a user selects the Submit for Approval button on a EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod record, the approval process for the speaker nomination is initiated.
When a New_Speaker_vod type nomination is submitted for approval, a new EM_Speaker_vod record is created with a status of Nominated_vod. The fields of this record are populated based on the field of the created EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod record.
Depending on how the Approval Process is configured, the user may be prompted to select a User or Queue to serve as the next approver.
Users can view the approval history of an EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod record via the Approval History related list.
Recalling Submitted Speaker Nominations
If a user has permission to recall a submitted nominations:
- Navigate to the appropriate EM_Speaker_Nomination_vod record.
- Navigate to the Approval History related list.
Select the More Actions button.
- Select Recall.
- Enter the appropriate comments explaining why the approval request is being recalled.
- Select Recall.
Reviewing Submitted Speaker Nominations
Designated approvers in the Approval Process can review the nomination via standard Salesforce Approved and Reject actions.
Approving and rejecting nominations is not supported on mobile.
When a New_Speaker_vod type nomination is either approved or rejected via the Approval Process, the Status_vod field of the associated EM_Speaker_vod record automatically updates to match the nomination’s status.
When a nomination is approved, the record becomes locked.