Applying Event Attendance Rules to Event Topic Categories
- Browser (Classic, Lightning)
To provide granularity when applying Event Attendance Rules to events, admins can specify that certain business rule limits should only be applied to events with EM_Catalog_vod records with matching customer-defined topic categories. This can be especially useful when creating business rules about products with multiple indications.
This feature is supported by the following types of Event Attendance Rules:
- Per Attendee Attendance Limit Rules
- Cross-Event Per Attendee Attendance Limit Rule
- Meal Opt-In Attendance Limit Rule
- Cross-Event Meal Opt-In Attendance Limit Rule
For example, Verteo BioPharma has a rule that attendees cannot be added to a Speaker Program if they already attended one on the same subject within a 30-day period. Last week, Dr. Ackerman attended a program about Cholecap’s pain relief indication. This week, Sarah Jones plans a Speaker Program about Cholecap, but focuses on one of Cholecap’s other indications, cholesterol control. Sarah successfully adds Dr. Ackerman to the additional Speaker Program because it focuses on cholesterol control and not pain relief.
To configure this feature:
- Grant admins FLS edit permission to the Topic_Category_vod picklist field on the EM_Catalog_vod object.
- Grant end users FLS read permission to the Topic_Category_vod picklist field on the EM_Catalog_vod object.
- Grant admins FLS edit permission to the Per_Event_Topic_Category_vod field on the EM_Business_Rule_vod object.
- Grant end users FLS read permission to the Per_Event_Topic_Category_vod field on the EM_Business_Rule_vod object.
- Add the Topic_Category_vod picklist to the EM_Catalog_vod object page layout corresponding to the Event_Topic_vod record type.
- Edit the Topic_Category_vod picklist on the EM_Catalog_vod object to add all appropriate values. These values are used to group Event_Topic_vod type EM_Catalog_vod records together.
Add the Per_Event_Topic_Category_vod field to the EM_Business_Rule_vod object page layouts corresponding to the following record types:
- Populate the Topic_Category_vod field for all appropriate EM_Catalog_vod records.
Applying Event Business Rules to Event Topic Categories
To apply a business rule for a specific topic:
- Edit or create the appropriate business rule.
Select the Per_Event_Topic_Category_vod check box.
This check box cannot be used with the Per_Event_Topic_vod check box.
- Select Save.
After saving the business rule, events are only counted towards the business rule’s limits if the events have associated topics with matching Topic_Category_vod fields.