Event Team Members
Each event can have a list of team members. This can include both users of the system and external users. External users cannot view the event or its details in the system, but their role on the team and contact information can be documented for reference.
Any person involved in the planning and execution of an event can be added to the event team.
Key attributes of a team member include a name, role, and contact information.
Out-of-the-box roles include Organizer, Vendor, Approver, and Cohost. Additional custom team member roles can be added. The default value of this picklist is used as an input to the page layout engine when creating an event.
Team Members must have a role. Veeva recommends marking the picklist as required on all page layouts in use.
There are two scenarios when a team member is created automatically:
- When the event is created, the user creating the event is created with the default role
- When submitting an event for approval, a team member is created with the role Approver_vod
The EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object has a lookup to the User object. When this lookup is populated, the Name field of the team member record is overwritten to match the name of the User. If a non-system user is on the event team, the User lookup should be left blank.
To add Groups as Team Members:
- Grant access to the Group_vod record type on the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object.
Grant FLS permission to the following fields:
- Group_Name_vod on the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object
- Next_Approver_Group_vod on the EM_Event_History_vod object
The Group Team Member feature only supports named user members of the group, and does not support assignment via Role-based nested groups.
If a user is a member of multiple groups added as team members to an event, the role of the user is determined by the most recent team member record.
If a user is individually added as a team member on an event, the assigned role takes precedence over roles given to the user via a group.
System users, groups, and write-in Team Members can be directly entered via the user interface. Based on the Team Member type selected, the fields needed to enter team member information display.
This feature eliminates the need to populate the default Name field on the Event Team Member record.
To enable entering Event Team Members:
- Grant FLS edit permission to the Team_Member_Type_vod field on the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object.
Grant FLS edit permission to the First_Name_vod and Last_Name_vod fields on the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object.
FLS edit permission to these fields is required if using write-in team members in conjunction with the Events Management SAP Concur Integration.
- Place the Team_Member_Type_vod field on the Event Team Member page layout. Ensure that no fields are placed above this field on the page layout section.
Place the following fields directly below the Team_Member_Type_vod field on the Event Team Member page layout to display their respective Team Member types for selection:
- Team_Member_vod – If present on the page layout, this displays by default
- First_Name_vod and Last_Name_vod – Required for Write-ins. For languages where the Last Name displays before the First Name, the field orders can be swapped.
Veeva provides an out-of-the-box page layout on the EM_Event_Team_Member_vod object named “Dynamic Source Team Member Layout” that includes the above configuration.
Users can select from three options when entering names into an expense by using the Team Member Type picklist:
- System User – Team Member is selected using the Team_Member_vod lookup field
- Group – Team Member is selected using the Group_Name_vod field
- Write-in – Team Member is created by populating the First_Name_vod and Last_Name_vod fields. Used when entering expenses itemized for people who are not system users
If only one of these options is available to users, it is the default option. The others do not display.
Veeva Events Management automatically shares events and their related objects to team members using a read/write permission level. This is done to ensure a user always has sufficient rights to work on an event when added to the team. For example, if someone is added to an event team, they automatically gain access to the attendee list, budget list, speaker list, and all other related data.
The user’s object and field-level permissions are still respected. For example, if a user has only read permission to EM_Event_Budget_vod, the user cannot edit Event Budget records. As an added level of security, the data that displays on an event page is still controlled by the page layout presented to the user.
Objects that are shared automatically include:
Expense_Line_vod uses a master-detail relationship to Expense_Header_vod, and is automatically shared when the Expense Header is shared.
If adding a queue as a team member, all objects in the above list must be added to the list of supported objects of the queue to enable auto-sharing.