Administrators can define which Product groups define a Bundle and the default quantities of each product in the Bundle. Product Bundles allow users to add a preselected group of Products to an Order with one click, versus adding each Product individually. The Bundle itself is a virtual Product, similar to a Product Group, containing pre-defaulted quantities of real order Products eligible for discounts. For example, a Product Bundle might contain a group of related cold medicines, like cough syrup and antihistamine.
While similar to Product Groups and Kits, unlike Product Groups, users can add multiples of Bundle Packs to an Order. And unlike Kits, users can filter by Bundle Packs when adding items to an Order.
Pricing-bound Product Groups cannot be used as Bundle Packs.
Configuring Bundle Packs
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To enable this feature:
- Grant admins CRUD permission to the following objects:
- Grant users CRUD permission to the following objects:
- Grant users Read permission to the following objects:
- Grant all users FLS edit permission to the Bundle_Pack_vod field on the Product_vod object.
- Grant all users FLS edit permission to the Quantity_vod field on the Product_Group_vod object.
- Grant all users FLS edit permission to the Added_From_Pack_vod field on the Order_Lines_vod object.
- Add the Bundle_Pack_vod field to the appropriate Product_vod object page layout.
- Add the Quantity_vod field to the appropriate Product Group page layout.
- Add the Added_From_Pack_vod field to the appropriate Order Lines page layout.
Using Bundle Packs
To create a Bundle Pack:
- Select the Bundle Pack check box in the Product Catalog to mark the appropriate Product Groups as Bundle Packs.
- Specify the Quantity for each Product in the Bundle Pack (the Start and End Dates must be populated when specifying Quantity).
To enable a thumbnail for a Bundle, associate the Bundle to a thumbnail in the Product_Thumbnail_vod field.