Delivery splitting at the line level enables pharmacies to determine when and where to deliver selected products at a specified frequency, as part of the negotiation, while building up the order.
Deliveries can be split at line level by Date, Address, or Wholesaler. The number of orders that can be split—up to 12—is specified in the Number_Deliver_Date_vod Veeva Setting.
iPad users can define, view, and edit line split Orders. Online users can view and edit split Orders.
Validation rules are not supported on Delivery Orders when line splitting.
Configuring Order Line Delivery Splitting
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To configure this feature:
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the Delivery_Location_vod field on the Order_vod object.
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the Quantity_vod field on the Order_Line_vod object and add it to the appropriate page layout.
- Define a value between 2 and 12 in the Number_Delivery_Dates_vod Veeva Setting. This value defines how many delivery dates the user can add to the order. The maximum number is 12 for all platforms.
- Enter a value for the OM_DELIVERY_SPLIT_MODE_vod Veeva Setting:
- 0 = disabled (default)
- 1 = retrieves split delivery data from the Affiliation_vod and Address_vod objects
- 2 = retrieves split delivery data from the Account_Partner_vod object
- 3 = retrieves shipping information from the Account_Partner_vod object
You cannot manage wholesalers from Affiliations and Account Partners at the same time.
- Enter a value for the OM Disable Quantity Split Rollup Veeva Setting:
- 0 = disabled (default)
- 1 = Determines if the individual split quantities roll-up to the master quantity on the Order Line.
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the following fields on the Order_vod object and place them on the appropriate page layout:
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the Delivery_Rank_vod field on the Order_vod object. Delivery Rank is determined during order entry. The first split is 1; the second is 2, etc. It is not required to expose the Delivery_Rank_vod field on the page layout.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
The fields' position on the page layout determines the order in which they display in the dedicated split section of the page layout.
If splitting lines by wholesaler using the Account_Partner_vod object:
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the following fields on the Account_Partner_vod object:
- Account _vod
- Enable the following record types:
Using Order Line Delivery Splitting
If OM_DELIVERY_SPLIT_MODE_vod = 1, the Add Delivery button displays. For all new delivery split Orders, a message displays to warn the user. On the Order Lines:
- Select the Add Delivery button.
- Select the Address from the picklist.
- Select the Delivery Date.
- Select the Wholesaler, if applicable.
- Select the Quantity for the split delivery.