Viewing Inventory Monitoring Information in an Order
Inventory Monitoring information can be pulled into the Order Line to aid in identifying stock alerts, product presence, or other helpful information to use when negotiating an order.
Pull-in fields are custom fields with the API Name zvod_IML_<SourceFieldName>_vod__c.
- The pull-in fields pull data from the last Inventory Monitoring record (using the record type defined in the Last Inventory Monitoring Type Veeva Setting)
- For example: The zvod_IML_Layer field on the Order Line, pulls from the Layer_vod__c field on the Inventory_Monitoring_Line_vod__c object into the Order Lines.
Inventory Monitoring records created using the Photo Tagging functionality do not accurately reflect as a pull-in field on Order lines on the Online platform.
For example, Sarah Jones notices Cholecap 20mg is out-of-stock during her visit to a pharmacy. She notes this information in Inventory Monitoring. Later that day, she calls on the pharmacist to take an order, checkes the inventory information, and reminds the pharmacist to order more Cholecap 20mg along with the rest of the order.
Configuring Inventory Monitoring Information in an Order
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To enable this feature:
- Enable the Last_Inventory_Monitoring_Type_vod Veeva Setting with the record type of the appropriate Inventory Monitoring activities to display in the order lines. The value must be the literal match of the Inventory Monitoring RecordType Name.
The default record type for the setting is Inventory_Monitoring_vod.
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the Last_Inventory_Monitoring_Date_vod__c field on the Order_vod object. This determines how current the inventory monitoring information and may be displayed in the Order header.
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the Line_Rank_vod__c field on the Inventory_Monitoring_Line_vod object. This is a system field that determines the newest data in Inventory Monitoring if there are multiple lines for the same product.
- Place the Last_Inventory_Monitoring_Date__c field on the appropriate page layout in the Order_vod object.
- Create a pull-in field on the Order_Line_vod object, using the following naming convention: zvod_IML_<SourceFieldName>_vod__c.
- Grant users FLS edit permission to the pull-in field created in the previous step.
- Ensure the data type and length for the source and destination fields match.
- Place the pull-in field on the appropriate page layout in the Order_Line_vod object.
Using Inventory Monitoring Information in an Order
When placing an order, users can view the pull-in fields in the Order Lines.
- Fields do not display for users who do not have FLS read permission to the source and destination fields
- When a user adds a product to the order lines, the pull-in fields automatically populate with the appropriate values
- If the pull-in field does not have any data, the field displays blank on the order line
- Unless a Veeva Message excludes the pull-in fields, they display on the signature page
- Pull-in fields always display read-only
- Mass Add order entry is supported with pull-in fields
- Offline Validation Rules are not supported with this feature
To facilitate easier order entry, users can clone or edit existing orders with IM pull-in fields. The cloned fields are reset on the order lines with the values from the last IM. When a user changes pricing information on the order header when using Smart Edit, the pull-in fields are reset on the order lines with the values from IM.
If multiple IM lines exist for the same product, the first line stamped (via the Line_Rank_vod__c field) is ranked first and is the one pulled into the Order Line. Users must have FLS edit permission to this field.