Medical Inquiry Fulfillment
- Browser (Classic, Lightning)
- Windows Tablet
Users can assign Medical Inquiries to a specific MSL so the MSL can fulfill (respond) to the Medical Inquiry Fulfillments (MIFs) in their queue. The MSL responds to the MIF through a Call Report which also allows them to reassign the MIF for additional actions if necessary.
For example, Sarah Jones calls on Dr. Ackerman. During the Call, the doctor has a question about an ongoing clinical trial for a possible new indication of a drug for migraines. Sarah creates a Medical Inquiry, captures the doctor’s signature, and assigns the inquiry to an MSL. The MSL sees the pending MIF and schedules a visit with Dr. Ackerman. The MSL records the details of the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment in a Call Report when visiting the doctor.
Configuring Medical Inquiry Fulfillment
To enable this feature for users:
- Grant read permission to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod object to allow users to assign a Medical Inquiry to an MSL.
Grant FLS edit permission to the following fields on the Medical_Inquiry_vod object.
- Assign_To_User_vod – This allows users to assign a Medical Inquiry record to a specific user. Add this field to the Medical Inquiry page layout.
- Fulfillment_Created_vod - do not add this field to page layouts
- Mobile_Created_Datetime_vod - do not add this field to page layouts
- Grant FLS read permission to the Fulfillment_Status_vod field on the Medical_Inquiry_vod object to allow users to view a Medical Inquiry Fulfillment’s status.
- Place the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Responses related list on the appropriate Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod page layout.
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod Visualforce page. This step is optional based on how much information users need.
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_View_vod Visualforce page.
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod Visualforce tab. This step is optional based on how much information users need.
Users should be able to view MIF records but not modify them.
To enable this feature for MSLs:
- Grant CRUD permission to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod and Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod objects.
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod record type on the Call2_vod object.
Grant access to the following record types on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod object:
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod record type on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object.
Ensure a value is selected for the Default Record Type for the Medical_Inquiry_Fufillment_Response_vod object.
- Grant FLS edit permission to the zvod_medical_inquiry_vod field on the Call2_vod object. This field is on the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment page layout by default. Admins can place it on any other page layout used for responding to Medical Inquiries, if needed.
Grant FLS read permission to the following fields on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod object:
- Assigned_To_vod – this field is optional based on whether the user creates and assigns inquiry records
If MSL can edit the initial inquiry notes, grant FLS Edit permission to the remaining fields. Otherwise, grant FLS Read permission.
- Grant FLS edit permission to the Account_vod field on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod object.
- Grant FLS edit permission to the following fields on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object:
- Status_vod - do not add this field to page layouts; if added to a page layout it must be set as Read-Only
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod Visualforce page.
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_View_vod Visualforce page.
- Grant access to the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod Visualforce tab.
- Enter the user name of the person who is the default user in the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Default_vod Veeva Setting. This step is optional.
If you set a default user, all unassigned MIFs go to that user’s queue for assignment. If you set a default user they must remain Active for a MIF to be created. If you do not set a default user and no one is assigned, a MIF is not created.
Custom Salesforce buttons are not supported when creating Medical Inquiries.
Using Medical Inquiry Fulfillment
Assigning Medical Inquiries
The Assign_To_User_vod field indicates who is assigned to a Medical Inquiry. By default, MSLs are filtered based on the account territory on the Medical Inquiry record.
The Assign button only displays when the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Status is not Completed and the logged in user is the MIF record owner.
To help users select a specific MSL to assign a Medical Inquiry to, admins can configure the ENHANCED_LOOKUPS_vod (Enable Enhanced Lookups) Veeva Setting. Assigning a value of 1 enables additional lookup filters, which allow users to refine search results by user profile, role, or other custom fields.
For more information on using configurable lookup dialogs and filters, see Configurable Lookup Filters and Layouts.
Users can assign a Medical Inquiry to a specific MSL or to the default user, if defined in the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Default_vod Veeva Setting, when they create or modify a Medical Inquiry. Default users can view MIFs assigned to them as well as unassigned MIFs, and assign them to the proper MSL. If the Medical Inquiry is not assigned to a user when the MIF is created, the Assign_To_User_vod field is blank and the record status is New. Users can run a query to find all New records and assign them to an MSL.
If users assign a Medical Inquiry to an MSL, the Owner and Assign_To_User_vod field values are updated to the new user. The Owner controls access to who can create a response. Only the Assign_To_User_vod field is on a page layout; the Owner field value is stored in the database. Once the Medical Inquiry is submitted, the Assign_To_User_vod field is read only, the status is Assigned, and a MIF is created.
Fulfilling Medical Inquiries
MSLs can view all MIF records from the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment tab, based on account access, and create responses. To ensure sequential tasks occur, only the record owner can create a response. Records can be filtered by Open and All.
Users cannot create a response from a Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Response related list. Admins can remove the New Medical Inquiry Fulfillment button by deselecting the New button on the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Responses related list on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod object page layout.
The MIF tab includes a badge indicating the number of records an MSL needs to take action on.
Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod records are automatically created when a user submits a Medical_Inquiry_vod record. The MIF contains a copy of the information captured in the inquiry, and the MIF record type is based on the inquiry delivery method. For example, if the user selects Phone from the Delivery_Method_vod field on the inquiry, the fulfillment’s record type is Phone. The MIF is also stamped with the Initiated_By_vod and Initiated_Datetime_vod values. The Fulfillment_Status_vod field on the Medical Inquiry record syncs with the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod record status so the user can see when a request is complete.
Responses are created within the framework of a Call, so existing information—for example, media, attachments, Approved Email—can be used in the response. When the response is finished, users have three options:
- Save the response, leaving it in a pending status. The current user retains ownership of the response.
- Submit the response, moving the response and Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod record to a Closed status
- Reassign the response
Users can select the Create Response button only when no open response records exist. Otherwise, the user must select Edit Response.
Previous responses to a Call display as read only. For example, if a call center employee sends a generic mailer as a response and then reassigns the inquiry to an MSL for a detailed response, the generic mailer displays as read only for the MSL.
Users can also access Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod records from any Call containing the zvod_Medical_Inquiry_vod field on the page layout.
Self-Assigning Medical Inquiries
MSLs can respond to inquiries in real time. For example, while on a Call, an MSL can create an inquiry, assign it to themselves, submit it, then immediately access the MIF record to add a response.
- Browser (Classic)
Owners of Medical Inquiry Fulfillment (MIF) records can reassign records to the appropriate Medical user without creating an Interaction report.
For example, Sarah Jones calls on Dr. Clinton Ackerman, who has a question about Cholecap. Sarah creates the proper Medical Inquiry for Dr. Ackerman’s request, but does not know which Medical User to assign the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment. She submits the Medical Inquiry without populating the Assign To field. The Medical Inquiry and the associated Medical Inquiry Fulfillment records automatically assign to Larry Lakes, the default user. Larry reassigns the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment to the proper Medical User using the Assign button on the Medical Inquiry Fulfillment record.
Configuring MIF Record Reassignments
To configure Medical Inquiry Fulfillment Assignments:
1. Select the Active check box for the Assign_MIFR_vod record type on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object.
2. Enable the Assign_MIFR_vod record type on the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_Response_vod object for the appropriate user profiles.
3. Place the Assign button on the appropriate page layouts for the Medical_Inquiry_Fulfillment_vod object.
Using MIF Record Reassignments
For Medical users to reassign a Medical Inquiry Fulfillment record:
- Navigate to the appropriate Medical Inquiry Fulfillment record.
- Select the Assign button.
- Populate the Assign to User and Assign to Comment fields. The Assign to Comment field is optional.