Capture and Attach Photos for Inventory Monitoring
To enable photo capture:
- Find the VMobile Object Configuration record for the Inventory Monitoring object and check the "Include Related Attachments" check box.
- Set the PHOTO_QUALITY_vod Veeva setting to the desired value.
- Default value 0 is disabled
- A value of 1 enables the feature with low quality images
- A value of 2 enables the feature in medium quality images
- A value of 3 enables the feature in high quality
- Add the Notes & Attachments related list to the Inventory Monitoring page layout.
To capture and attach a photo:
- Select the Camera icon on the Inventory Monitoring edit page.
- Select Capture Photo.
- Take the picture.
- Enter a description, if applicable.
- Select Use Photo.
- Navigate back to the previous page. The photo displays in the Attachments section .
To attach a photo from the photo library or camera roll:
- Select Photo Library.
- Select Album.
- Select the appropriate photo.
- Enter a description, if appropriate.
- Select Use Photo.
- Navigate back to the previous. The photo displays in the Attachments section.
|Label||Name||Data Type||Description||Default Value|
|Photo Quality||PHOTO_QUALITY_vod||Number (1,0)||
Determines the quality of the photos uploaded from offline platforms.
0 = disabled
1 = lowest quality
2 = Medium quality
3 = High quality
- Photos captured within CRM for iPad are stored in the local CRM for iPad database and are not available in the user’s iPad Camera Roll or Albums
- Photos attached from an album are converted based on quality settings and stored in the local CRM for iPad database. The original photo remains in the user’s iPad Albums.
- Photos are deleted from the CRM for iPad local database after successful upload on sync in order to save local storage. After syncing, the photos are available on-demand by returning to the Inventory Monitoring record and downloading the images from the Inventory Monitoring edit page or the Attachments related list.