Displaying Country-Specific Disclaimers
- CRM Desktop (Mac) (Sandbox Beta)
Customers with multi-country orgs can display disclaimer text on a signature page based on the country of an account. For organizations where one user profile is shared across different countries, and these countries each have unique regulations requiring specific disclaimer content, this feature enables the appropriate disclaimer text to display based on the signing account’s country. Because signing accounts and users may speak different primary languages, the language for the consent and disclaimer text can be selected directly on the signature page.
For example, Sarah Jones creates a call for Dr. Balfe while on a business trip in Switzerland. The appropriate disclaimer text for compliance with Swiss regulations automatically displays, and Dr. Balfe can choose to view the Swiss disclaimer text in German, Italian, or French.
This functionality is available for the following signature pages:
- Call, Sample, Detail, and Acknowledgment
- Consent, both Sample and Approved Email
- Medical Inquiry
This functionality is also available in Events Management when using the Digital Sign-in Sheet.
Configuring Country-Specific Disclaimers
Ensure initial configuration is complete before enabling this functionality.
To configure the disclaimer based on location and language:
- Grant administrators the following permissions:
- Grant end users the following permissions:
Country_vod R N/A N/A N/A
- Enable the following VMOCs for all desired offline platforms:
- Create Disclaimer_vod records on the Signature_Page_vod object for the relevant countries and desired languages.
Admins must create records on the Signature_Page_vod object. If users are granted Read OLS permission for the Signature_Page_vod object and there are no records on the Signature_Page_vod object, the disclaimer does not display.
- Create Consent_vod records on the Signature_Page_vod object for the desired languages.
Using Country-Specific Disclaimers
Users select the appropriate disclaimer language directly on the signature page, from the Language picklist. The language options available for selection are based on the available languages configured for each country. For Consent text, the language displayed is the same as the language selected for the disclaimer.
The languages available to a user to select are defined by the languages available for the corresponding disclaimer. The records for consideration must have:
- Record Type = Disclaimer_vod
- Active = True
- Signature Page = Signature Page Displayed
The language values available in the Language selection picklist are displayed in alphabetical order by Translated value (via workbench). The disclaimer language defaults as follows:
- If only one disclaimer exists, that disclaimer displays
- If the disclaimer exists in more than one language and there is a match between the Language field on the User object and the Language_vod field on the Signature_Page_vod object, a disclaimer in the corresponding language displays
- If the disclaimer exists in more than one language but there is not a match between the user’s language and the signature page’s language, then the disclaimer displays in the first language based on sort order
- If the user's country does not match existing consent or disclaimer records, and there are no consent or disclaimer records with a null value for the Disclaimer_Country_vod field, the consent and disclaimer do not display