Aligning Territories via External Systems
In addition to native Veeva CRM or Veeva Align functionality, Territory Management can also be performed by external systems that import results via the Salesforce web services API.
This method of Territory Management is not compatible with the Account Territory Loader.
When users have FLS edit permission to the Territory_vod field on the Account object, the New Account and New RecordType wizards populate the Territory_vod field when creating new accounts. When the new account is created, a mini-realignment is performed.
Using external tools to perform Territory Management, the steps to complete the alignment are as follows:
- Create Territory Hierarchy within the Veeva CRM application.
- Select Rebuild Veeva Territory Rules to generate Territory Rules.
- Download account and address information from Veeva CRM to use in the Alignment Tool.
- Use the appropriate external tool to identify Account to Territory Mappings.
- Data-load Territories for Accounts into the Territory_vod field.
- Run the Salesforce Account Assignment Rules from the top of the Territory Hierarchy.