Account Plan Sharing
- Browser (Classic)
- Windows Tablet
Administrators can now configure automatic sharing of Account Plans and related data to Account Team Members. This ensures the appropriate users have the correct visibility to their Account Plans.
For example, a KAM creates a new Account Plan and adds Sarah Jones as an Account Team Member with the role of Team Member. When Sarah accesses her Account Plan Dashboard, the new account plan displays. She now has access the plan and all the related data so she can make decisions about the account.
Configuring Account Plan Sharing
To enable this feature:
- Grant users Read and Create permission to the following objects:
- Grant users FLS read permission to the following fields on the Account_Team_Member_vod object.
Set the Account Plan Sharing Veeva Setting to 1.
Account Plan Sharing does not support profile-specific Veeva Settings. The value of the org-level setting applies to all users regardless of any profile-specific settings.
- Add the Access_vod field on the Account_Team_Member_vod object to the appropriate page layout.
- Grant users FLS read permission to the Share_With_vod field on the Plan_Tactic_vod object. This step is optional.
- Set the Organization-Wide Sharing Setting to Private on objects defined in the Account Plan Object Hierarchy.
- Deselect the Grant Access Using Hierarchies Sharing Setting on objects defined in the Account Plan Object Hierarchy.
Share Table entry types User, Role, and Territory are supported. Sharing by Public Group, Role, Subordinates, and Territory and Subordinates is not supported offline. This feature uses record-based sharing.
An object hierarchy exists in the following order: Account Plan, Plan Tactic, Account Tactic, and Call Objective.
- Activate Enhanced Sync on the VMOCs of objects defined in the Account Plan Object Hierarchy.
Ensure any Master-Detail relationships on Account_Plan_vod, Plan_Tactic_vod, Account_Tactic_vod and Call_Objective_vod objects are set to lookup relationships.
- Create an Apex Sharing Reason with the Reason Label and Reason Name set to Veeva_Account_Plan_Sharing_vod on objects defined in the Account Plan Object Hierarchy.
This indicates a record is being shared by the Account Plan Sharing feature.
- Create a VMOC record according to the following table:
|Top Level||Share: Account Plan(Account_Plan_vod__Share)||
iPad_vod or WinModern
|Top Level||Share: Plan Tactic(Plan_Tactic_vod__Share)||iPad_vod or WinModern|
|Top Level||Share: Account Tactic(Account_Tactic_vod__Share)||
iPad_vod or WinModern
|Top Level||Share: Call Objective(Call_Objective_vod__Share) or Action Item(Action_Item_vod__Share)||iPad_vod or WinModern|
Using Account Plan Sharing
Key Account Managers can now add users to an Account Plan as an Account Team Member and control their access via the Access_vod and Role_vod field on the Account Team Member Object.
Team Members automatically have read or write access to the Account Plan and all visible Account Plan data according to configured permissions, sharing rules, and object hierarchy.